What is the Litter Warden Training Programme
The Litter Warden Training Programme has been developed by ETS to meet the training and certification needs of Litter Wardens and supporting administrative staff. It identifies key responsibilities arising from the Litter Pollution Act and gives a broad understanding of the knowledge and skills required.
- What is Litter?
- Why is Litter a Problem?
Introduction to Waste Legislation.
- Waste legislation Origins.
- European and Irish Waste Legislation.
The Litter Pollution Act 1997
- Litter Control Act 1982
- Composition of the Litter Act 1997 (Sections 3-35)
- Review of new additions to the Act from the Circular Economy Act 2022
The Waste Management Act 1996-2022
- Key features of the Waste Management Act
- Options for Litter Wardens when the Litter Legislation can not be used
- Use of Sections to control waste activities
- Inspections under the Waste Management Act by Local Authorities
- Fixed Payment notices for PR and Waste Collection Permit offences
Roles & Responsibilities
- Public Awareness
- Litter Action Plan
- National Litter Monitoring Programme
- What is “Evidence”?
- Litter Act Requirements
- Taking Notes
- Use of CCTV under new procedures
- Issuing fixed penalty notices
- Warning Letters
- Statutory Notices
- Preparing for Court
- What Happens in the Courtroom?
Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Regulation
- Hazard Identification
- Some Common Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Dog and Horse Control (optional)
- Key legislation
- Roles and duties
Who is this course for?
Intended for Litter Wardens, Community Wardens, Waste Enforcement Personnel & Administrative Support Staff.
All ETS training courses are provided with comprehensive courseware which include a manual and any other supporting information that’s required during the delivery of the training. Manuals are maintained in up to date condition and are always relevant to of course that is being delivered. We design our training so that they not only provide information with powerpoint slides but also comprise group work and individual exercises to lie delegates to get a deeper understanding of the courseware. All our courses are delivered face to face and manuals are printed and provided at the event to ensure every delegate has all of the information they need to have a positive high quality training experience with us.
This course is delivered for groups of approximately 10 staff at the local authorities own training facilities or at a venue of their choice. The course fee is €4,900 which provides training for up to 10 members of staff. Environmental Training Solutions will provide training materials and catering is the responsibility of the local authority.
This course is not subject to assessment at present.
Successful completion of the two day training programme and assessment will qualify participants for the award of an ETS Completion Certificate.